If you are one of the millions of Americans who have racked up credit card debt, don’t be discouraged. It was inevitable that you would use your credit cards, and use them more and more each day. As this article points out, Americans are addicted to credit, starting from 1887 when Edward Bellamy writes in his utopian novel Looking Backward about being able to use a card to make a purchase.
Since the 1930’s beginning with American Airlines’ Air Travel Card, businesses have continually found new ways to make buying on credit easier. It is no wonder given all of these societal influences that many are unaware they have amassed large quantities of credit card debt until it is too late. If you are in this category and are overwhelmed, seek out a reputable debt settlement attorney who can negotiate large reductions in your debt for you.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018