This article offers a great explanation as to what each divorcing spouse’s liability is towards their community property credit card debt. It is true that even if one spouse agrees in the divorce settlement to pay the debt, the other can be sued after the fact to pay for it. This is the reason it is a good idea to go to a debt settlement attorney that can help get rid of the debt for as little and as quickly as possible before the divorce is final. This way each person knows that the debt was dealt with and can move on with their lives knowing a lawsuit won’t arrive because their ex didn’t pay the credit card as agreed.
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018