I guess that we all should thank goodness we live in the good old USA. Here, the worst Citibank does to people they claim owe them money is to sue them in court. In Indonesia, Citibank and its agents take their collection efforts to a whole new level.
As the article below describes, a 50-year-old Indonesian businessman ended up dead in Citibank’s “interrogation room”. He made the mistake of accepting an invitation to be questioned at a Citibank office in Jakarta, which has a camera-free interrogation room for its mercenary debt collectors. Two hours later, he was wheeled out, apparently dead.
Citibank, for its part, expressed “deep sadness” and was quick to point out that the murderers (sorry, debt collectors) were outsourced independent contractors, not Citibank employees. I guess that makes sense: if I were going to murder a client, I would probably go outside of the firm to find someone to do the job, too.
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018