The answer appears to be yes! An Orlando debt collection agency was raided earlier this month for its guerilla-like tactics in debt collection. Federal investigators made several arrests, served search warrants, and froze the company’s assets because of their unfair collection practices. The company’s agents would call consumers claiming to be police, government agents, and county clerks and would attempt to collect debts that, many times, had already been paid or did not even exist. One of the suspects arrested at the company’s office was also found to be in possession of narcotics.
For many people, receiving calls from criminals posing as government officials and demanding payment or else, can be very intimidating. Instead of dealing with agencies like this by themselves, it is in a consumer’s best interest to work with an experienced debt settlement attorney to make the calls stop, and bring these criminals to justice. A debt settlement attorney can stop the threatening calls, and can validate the debt to ensure that the debt they are claiming payment on does, in fact, exist.
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018