According to the recently released quarterly report by HOPE NOW on the housing market recovery, there was a 16% decrease in the number of permanent modifications offered from May to June.
Since 2007, 6.52 million loan modifications have been completed, including over 1.2 million under the Federal government’s Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP).
See here: http://www.loansafe.org/
This is not a good indication for homeowners who are counting on a loan modification to save their home. If your home is underwater, consult an attorney who can talk with you about how to avoid foreclosure, and your options, such as a negotiated settlement or a short sale.
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018