A plaintiff is Texas has brought action against Asset Recovery Associates for alleged violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Among the alleged illegal actions taken is talking to people other than the debtor regarding the debt, and making illegal threats to the debtor. The plaintiff is seeking actual damages, punitive damages, statutory damages, injunctive relief and costs.
Many people that are in debt and being harassed by debt collectors do not realize that their rights are being violated. People that find themselves in the position of having to deal with aggressive debt collectors should contact a debt settlement attorney immediately. A qualified debt settlement attorney can stop the harassment, ensure that their clients’ rights are not being violated, and often negotiate a reasonable settlement.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018