Recent graduates carrying tons of student loan debt are now being joined by senior citizens in carrying high debt loads. A major debt shift for millennials and seniors is occurring in this country. As of 2014, student loan debt now accounts for 36.8% of total debt in our country. The average student loan debt per consumer is now close to $30,000.
The shift in this debt to seniors is happening because these loans often require cosigners. Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and siblings are cosigning many of these private student loans as required by the lender. In addition this age group is going back to school, taking on mortgages, credit cards, and auto loans. If you are burdened by private student loan debt no matter what age, contact a debt settlement attorney. A qualified debt settlement attorney understands private student loan debt and can offer options to revolve this burden.
Author: Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018