Wrong Credit Report Information Can Earn You $1000. Free.
Let’s face it, your credit report impacts your life and even small errors on it can impact you with higher interest rates or denied access to credit. Due to the credit reports overwhelming impact, the federal government wrote the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) law that is designed to protect consumers and their credit information. Here are a few things that you should know about the law:
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act puts YOU in charge of monitoring your own credit. When you notice that something is wrong on your credit report, you cannot take any action against a creditor or credit-reporting agency until you (or we) send a dispute letter to the credit-reporting agency.
- As a consumer, you can only sue a creditor for failing to conduct a reasonable reinvestigation into your dispute.
- As a consumer, you can only sue a credit reporting agency for a) Failing to conduct a reasonable reinvestigation into you dispute or b) Failing to prepare a credit report with policies and procedures designed to assure maximum possible accuracy.
- A law called the Fair Credit Reporting Act may make it possible for us to help you remove inaccuracies from your credit report and get you $1000 per instance at absolutely NO COST to you.
- Creditors are responsible for correctly reporting information to the credit bureaus
- When they don’t, (and at least 50% of credit reports are wrong) we can dispute the item for you and they must correct it in 30 days.
- When they don’t correct the error that we point out, (and they usually don’t) then we can file a lawsuit to both correct the error on your report and earn a judgment for you of $1000 plus attorneys fees.
- We do this work at NO EXPENSE to you. The $1,000 per instance is yours. No fees are taken from your award. The creditor pays our fees either after a courtroom win or a negotiated settlement.
- You have no risk and no expense.
So what do you need to do?
- Pull your credit report and see look for these errors. We can help you read it.
- If you have a violation, we do all the work of sending letters and fighting with them
- Send us any letter/correspondence you get from the creditor or bureau
- Relax – We will keep you posted about your credit report being corrected and mail you the money when a settlement is won.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018