McCarthy Law is dedicated to providing excellent service and maintaining a healthy attorney-client relationship at all levels. We have a Complaint Policy to ensure all complaints are handled as efficiently and effectively as possible. McCarthy Law promotes a quick, decisive and accurate response to all inquiries, questions and concerns brought to our attention.
As a client of ours, you are entitled to make a complaint to us. The following outlines our policy and procedures for the handling of verbal and written complaints.
We want to resolve your complaints as soon as possible. Please email our Client Care department ([email protected]) and we’ll do our best to fix any problems you may be having with our representation as soon as possible.
- To provide an efficient, fair and structured mechanism for handling complaints.
- To provide our clients with the access to the complaints handling process, including those clients with disabilities and special needs.
- To keep clients informed as to the progress of their complaint and the expected timeframe for resolution.
Handling Your Complaint:
- Upon receiving a complaint, we will acknowledge your matter via telephone or in writing within 5 business days.
- If your complaint is urgent, (for example, for medical reasons) we will prioritize your complaint and attempt to resolve it within 5 business days.
- We will keep you informed of the progress of your complaint, proposed actions and the expected timeframe for resolution.
- Our aim is to resolve complaints in a timely manner, and we will generally resolve a matter within 30 calendar days.
- Complex complaints may take longer than 30 calendar days to resolve. In these cases, we will regularly update you on the progress and likely timeframe for resolution.
- We will advise you of the outcome of your complaint. Where you have requested us to do so, we will advise you in writing.
If you have a complaint regarding any aspect of your account or dealings with McCarthy Law, we urge you to telephone our Client Care department in the first instance. Our objective is to resolve the vast majority of inquiries or complaints during your first contact with us.
If you prefer to put your complaint in writing, we will respond to your letter and will confirm any details in writing if you request us to do so.
If you like, you can appoint an authorized representative or an advocate to interact with us on your behalf.
Complaints made to McCarthy Law are overseen by our management team. After a complaint is made, if it is not immediately resolved, we may need to investigate it. This investigation process may take 15 business days, or longer (in which case we will update you with a reason for the delay and the expected timeframe).
If you are not satisfied with the response tendered to you, you may ask Client Care to escalate your complaint to senior management directly. If so, we will try to make a senior management representative available to address the complaint as soon as possible (depending on availability).
When your complaint is resolved, we will confirm this with you within 10 business days.
We will notify the client in writing that the investigation is complete. The report of the results of the firm’s investigation will include:
- A detailed description of the complaint
- Employee who took the complaint
- Written explanation of the findings
- A statement indicating the client’s right to request the records the Company used to make its determination