National Student Loan and Credit Report Debt Attorney
- Podcast item
- June 7, 2012 – Kevin Fallon McCarthy, McCarthy Law PLC | McCarthy Law
June 7, 2012 –
Kevin Fallon McCarthy, McCarthy Law PLC
Debt Settlement Lawyer Podcast
- Kevin Fallon McCarthy, McCarthy Law PLC
- Listen Now:
- How do you know if it's time to take action?
- Average time to pay off credit card balance is 21 years if you pay the minimum
- 2nd mortgages
- Is there a moral obligation to repay debt?
- Debtors prisons
- Debtor's exam
- Leading cause of garnishment is judgment, don't ignore the law suit
- Jim Olsen -- bankruptcy attorney
- Stabilizing pattern in bankruptcy
- What drives people to file bankruptcy?
- Why do people file bankruptcy?
- Can't I do it myself?
- What is life like after bankruptcy?
- 27% owe double what their home was worth in the 1st quarter
- Phoenix underwater home rate was 54%. Las Vegas was 1st at 71%.
- Banks are striking deals with colleges to stack fees on students
- 900 colleges -- 40+% of higher education students attend schools that have deals with financial companies
- Student loan debt is 4x higher than credit card debt
- Indentured servitude