If you live in Pennsylvania, North Carolina, South Carolina or Texas you are fortunate. Debt collectors in those states cannot seek a court order to garnish your wages. For those living in California, Arizona and elsewhere? It’s completely legal and a convenient way for
collection agencies to come after you to satisfy your outstanding debts. The following is a great article discussing wage garnishment. It also discusses a number of ways debt collectors can and cannot attempt to collect from you.
The best way to avoid this is to tackle your debt problems before it gets to the point of a garnishment. If you find yourself dealing with seemingly insurmountable debt, you should seek the assistance of a debt workout law firm to assist you. They can often help you settle
high credit card debt before it gets to a point where your wages are garnished. While some may try the “do it yourself” approach, most find it easier to let an experienced professional handle the debt negotiation.
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018