If you faced a foreclosure in 2009 or 2010, you may be eligible for a free review of the foreclosure. And if mistakes are found, you could be owed money. Check out the following link to see if you are eligible for a review. There’s an informative 4-minute video from the U.S. Government with all the details.
This all stems from the robo-signer fiasco that rocked the foreclosure world during that time. Sadly, only 4% of those eligible for review have sought review. But you have until July 31, 2012 to request the review. It is unclear how much a borrower stands to collect. But if errors and problems are found, you may be compensated. Who cares how long the review process will take, if you wind up with any money in your pocket as a result, I would say it was worth it.
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018