Many debt collectors are notorious for being ruthless at their attempts to collect on a debt. All too often, we hear from our clients that they receive these harassing calls day and night and even at work. Many times we hear that the debt collectors are even threatening to put a warrant out for their arrest which is not even possible. Many people don’t know their rights when it comes to the regulations surrounding debt collectors. This industry has needed regulation for some time and as you can read in the following article; the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is becoming more vigilant in its monitoring.
It is extremely scary to think that debt collectors are even collecting on debts that were never theirs to collect and it is all done through harassment and intimidation. If you are being threatened, intimidated or harassed by a debt collector, know that this is a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and the debt collector can be fined. You also may want to consult an attorney that can assist you in settling these debts and end the harassment once and for all.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018