Unpaid medical bills are expected to be the number one cause of bankruptcy filings in 2014, surpassing both credit card and mortgages. The sad part is that medical bankruptcy doesn’t just happen to the uninsured – 78% of people that file have insurance, according to the co-founder of GiveForward.
Read more here: http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2014/02/18/medical-bankruptcies-are-still-problem-here-what-to-expect/
Medical expenses are growing at a rate higher than inflation, but bankruptcy should be the last option. Contact an attorney who can negotiate a settlement with your medical facility or with a medical bill debt collector.
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018