According to CPApracticeadvisor.com, there is a new foreclosure rescue scam that promises to help distressed homeowners save their home from foreclosure through a securitization audit. These are not done by a lawyer, but a layman. Worse of all, they are not typically admissible in court. So, it truly is a waste of money.
Storm Bradford, the founder of Mortgage Fraud Examiners says the scam targets desperate families.
Read more here: https://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/news/11294791/homeowners-being-duped-by-securitization-audits-according-to-fraud-examiners?utm_source=CPA+Accounting+%26+Audit+Advisor&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CCSN140110002
If you are struggling to pay your mortgage and in fear of foreclosure, consult a law firm — not a regular company. As the article says, “the only proven method for securing evidence critical to a homeowner’s claim against the lender is a thorough examination of the mortgage contract to identify errors, breaches, omissions, fraud, statutory violations, and/or predatory/unfair lending practices.” You need a lawyer to do this.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018