Debt Settlement – How the Debt Settlement Procedure Works
A lot of honest, upstanding people are facing difficult financial situations in the current economy. Bankruptcy is a solution that works for some, but it is not the right solution for everyone seeking a way out of overwhelming debt. Paying off existing accounts – even without incurring new debt – can mean years or even decades of paying the debt and the continuing high interest charged.
Learning how to eliminate credit card debt begins with a free debt consultation, having an experienced debt settlement attorney review your specific situation. At our law firm, we offer free consultations for people looking for workable solutions. There is no pressure at McCarthy Law. There is no blame assigned. Our lawyers listen with respect and concern in all discussions about your debts and the solutions you have open to you. In some cases the answer may be debt settlement, but for others, you may need to look deeper into other options like bankruptcy.
When you experience debt settlement with an attorney at McCarthy Law, you will experience the following:
- An experienced debt settlement attorney will review your current financial situation, including your income, real estate and other assets
- We will analyze your current budget needs and your income to determine what is owed and what you can afford to pay
- If you have significant unsecured debt and the financial means to settle, and if bankruptcy is not a viable option, you can choose to engage our debt settlement services (If bankruptcy is an option, your lawyer will refer you to a bankruptcy law firm)
- We will quote a reasonable flat fee up front based on the amount of your debt
- Our law firm will send letters to your creditors, telling them we will represent you and handle all further contact
- You will never again need to talk to your creditors, we will handle all communications
- Your attorney will establish a dialog with your creditors and negotiate a settlement
- We will set up a plan to put aside the settlement money
The debt settlement procedure, from start to completion of the settlement, can take as little as six months to as long as three years.
How Do You Start with Debt Settlement?
Call us now for a free debt consultation. There will never be any pressure or obligation to engage our services at McCarthy Law PLC, but you will leave the consultation with an understanding of your options for getting out of debt. If business debt or personal debt has grown unmanageable, talk to an experienced lawyer about negotiating a settlement. Give us a call today at (855)-976-5777 or contact us now for a free consultation.